In a series of Media Statements, here come the yet another statement from China, CHINA on Wednesday claimed that it has a “basic consensus” with Bhutan on the boundary and there is no dispute between two countries in the Doklam area, the center of the Sikkim,India-China military Standoff.
The stand-off between troops of India and China at Doklam area started after Bhutan, which has close diplomatic and military ties with India, protested to Beijing about the People’s Liberation Army troops building a road in the strategic location close to the ‘Chicken’s Neck’ tri-junction.
Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson “Geng Shuang” told media when answering a question about Bhutan’s protest, he said “I can say that we have been stressing that Doklam belongs to China since ancient times. It was under the effective jurisdiction of China without any dispute. China and Bhutan had about 24 rounds of boundary talks.”
He also said that “Although the boundary between the two countries is yet to be settled, we have basic consensus on the boundary and there is no dispute between both of us that Doklam belongs to China.”
Geng said China had been acting according to the agreements between the two countries and Doklam had been under the effective jurisdiction of China.
He said Although it is unclear of boundaries between Bhutan and China but from Ancient times Doklam Area belongs to China and Bhutan also knows that denying protest made by Bhutan of entering and Building Business road in Bhutan international territorial area, meanwhile Indian and China Standoff in Sikkim dispute is nowhere seems to stop as both Nations Army and government is Claiming the Sikkim area to be their’s own.